NB Please allow the blog to load as it includes the youtube links and worksheet links. Thank you :)

Wednesday 30 October 2013

My Girl - Madness

We used this to introduce the topic of arguments. The lines are out of order - sts need to put them back to the correct order.







My Girl – Madness (1979) (st)
 
My girl's mad at me
She thought I'd had enough of her
I found it hard to say
I didn't wanna see the film tonight
 
Why can't she see
Every now and then
But I like to stay in
She's lovely to me?
And watch t.v. on my own
 
My girl's mad at me
I tried and tried but I could not be heard
Been on the telephone for an hour
We hardly said a word
 
She doesn't realise
Why can't I explain?
'Cause everything I say
She doesn't understand
Why do I feel this pain?
She takes it all the wrong way
 
We argued just the other night
My girl's mad at me
We talked and talked until it was light
I thought we'd got it straight
 
She says I'm unaware
I thought we'd talked it out
She says that I don't care
And now she says I'm weak
I thought we'd agreed
Now when I try to speak
 
Worksheet here

No comments:

Post a Comment