NB Please allow the blog to load as it includes the youtube links and worksheet links. Thank you :)

Wednesday 8 January 2014

You make me live - Reported speech

I have problems with some teens that really don't get reported speech so I though I would give them this exercise as a review. I re-wrote the words in reported speech and asked them to recreate the original having first reviewed the rules.



Hopefully this will help to reinforce the message.



You are my best friend – John Deacon (adapted by Bob)

He said I made him live,
Whatever that world could give to him.
It was me, I was all he saw.
I made him live, I made him live

He said I was the best friend that he had ever had.
He had been with me such a long time.
I was his sunshine and he wanted me to know that his feelings were true,
 He really loved me. I was his best friend.

I made him live
He told me he had been wandering round
But he still came back to me. In rain or shine
I had stood by him. He was happy at home.
I was his best friend.

He said I made him live,
Whenever that world was cruel to him,
He had got me to help him forgive.
He said I made him live then. I made him live.

He told me I was the first one when things turned out bad.
I knew he would never be lonely,
 I was his only one and he loved the things,
 He really loved the things that I did. I was his best friend.

He said I made him live, he was happy at home.
I was his best friend. Oh I was his best friend,
I made him live because I was his best friend


Worksheet here

No comments:

Post a Comment