NB Please allow the blog to load as it includes the youtube links and worksheet links. Thank you :)

Monday 17 March 2014

If I were a boy - Beyonce

I used this one to teach the 2nd Conditional






"If I Were A Boy" - Beyonce

If I were a boy
I'd roll out of bed in the morning
And chase after girls
Drink beer with the guys
Even just for a day
I'd kick it with who I wanted, and I'd never get confronted for it
And throw on what I wanted then go
Cause they'd stick up for me

(Chorus)
If I were a boy
I think I could understand
How it feels to love a girl
I swear I'd be a better man
I'd listen to her
'Cause I know how it hurts
When you lose the one you wanted
'Cause he's taken you for granted
And everything you had got destroyed

If I were a boy

'Cause I know that she'd be faithful
Tell everyone it's broken
I'd put myself first
And make the rules as I go
So they'd think that I was sleeping alone
I would turn off my phone
Waiting for me to come home, to come home


(chorus)

It’s a little too late
For you to come back
If you thought I would wait for you
Think I forgive you like that
Well you thought wrong
Say it’s just a mistake

But you’re just a boy
How it feels to love a girl
You don’t listen to her
Someday you’ll wish you were a better man
You don’t understand (Yeah you don’t understand)
You don’t care how it hurts

Until you lose the one you wanted
'Cause you’ve taken her for granted
And everything you had got destroyed

But you’re just a boy...

Worksheet here

No comments:

Post a Comment