NB Please allow the blog to load as it includes the youtube links and worksheet links. Thank you :)

Monday 28 October 2013

The Logical Song - Supertramp

I used this to review the idea of suffixes with my CAE group






The Logical Song – Supertramp

When I was young
It seemed that life was so ................... (wonder)
A miracle, oh it was ...................... (beauty), ....................... (magic)
And all the birds in the trees
Well they'd be singing so .................... (happy)
.................... (Joyful), ................... (playful) watching me

But then they sent me away
To teach me how to be ..................... (sense)
....................... (Logic), .................... (response), ................... (practice)
And then they showed me a world
Where I could be so ........................ (depend)
.................... (Clinic), .......... (intellect), .......... (cynic)

There are times when all the world's asleep
The questions run too deep for such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned?
I know it sounds absurd please tell me who I am

I said, "Now what would you say for they calling you a radical
Liberal, ........................ (fanatic), ...................... (crime)?"
Won't you sign up your name? We'd like to feel you're
........................ (Accept), .................. (respect), .................... (present), a vegetable
Oh, ch-ch-check it yeah

At night when all the world's asleep
The questions run so deep for such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned?
I know it sounds absurd please tell me who I am
Who I am, who I am, who I am

'Cos I'm feeling so illogical
D-d-digital 1,2,3,4
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Unbelievable



Link to worksheet here

No comments:

Post a Comment